Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Aster Gift Box



Wow its Wednesday again !! Time to share my project
for Heartfelt Creations again !!
Please check out their blog by clicking the pic below
their is some amazing inspiration on there !
I will share my second project tomorrow 
and my third on Friday so
please stop by then too !!

Heartfelt Creations

This week I made a box. I just loved
the effect of the card I made for my cousin
I wondered what it would look like as a box ! 
So Voila !! lol !!!


Here is a closer look at the sides, they are all the same!
The lid is pictured further down amongst the instructions.


Well I have to admit I love this !
Its not often I actually say this, but it looks great on the side
I keep looking at it !! lol !!
My Gran would have loved this box, its her colours !!
Even though she isn't here any more she 
still inspires me and I find here so many times
in my work !

To make this box I used the following:

HCDP1 226 Delicate Asters Paper pad
HCPC 3497 Script Aster background PreCut set
HCPC 3494 Delicate Asters PreCut set
HCPC 3568 Moments with you PreCut set
HCD 726 Delicate Asters Die
459222 Paper Blossoms Tools
247027 blending tool
452255 Grand Calibur
031461 Radiant Rectangles
031467 A2 Filigree Delight

Other Products Used : Gems, Purple, green and brown Ink, glitter glue,
Venetian Motifs and Delicate Doilies Spellbinder Dies, White Card,
Hot glue, Cutting and scoring tools, 3D foam pads.

Using White Card stock cut a 5 1/4" Square and score at 1" on all sides. Snip
into the corners and make into a box base. Cut another piece of card 7 1/2" x
19" and score every 4 1/4" along which leaves a 2" section one end. Adhere
around the box base using the 2" section to start on one corner so the last 
section overlaps it. Using the paper pad cut four panels 6 1/4" x 4 2/16"
and adhere to the sides of the box. Using the Radiant rectangle dies cut four
sets of the first three dies. Ink and glitter the small rectangle and adhere all
layers to the sides using 3D foam pads. Stamp the image four times in brown ink 
and colour the open aster with the blending tool. Using the Oval die from 
the A2 Filigree dies cut out the image. Ink and glitter the edges of the oval 
and glitter the coloured aster. Stamp, cut and colour the flowers and leaves
and shape using the Blossom tools. Adhere the flowers together with a gem in 
the middle. Adhere flowers and leaves around the sides.


 For the lid cut a square piece of white card 5 6/16" ans score 1" on all sides and adhere to form
the lid. Cut four pieces of matching paper 4 2/16" x 13/16" and adhere to the sides
of the lid. Cut a sqaure in matching paper 4 1/4" and adhere to the top of the lid.
Die cut the Venetian Motif and delicate doilies in white card. Layer on top of each other
using 3D foam pads. Stamp the sentiment and cut out, adhere to the top of the die cuts.
Adhere flowers and leaves along the side of the sentiment and your project is complete.

Happy crafting !!



13 comments:

  1. This is stunning! So pretty and a lovely gift for someone. Thanks for the inspiration to try one of these.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning ,it just takes my breath away ,and my favourite colour
    Hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is eye popping, jaw dropping gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I am just blown away by the beauty and artistry in this creation. I'm a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty project Liz, love the colours!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Liz!! Love everything about it. Especially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your box is simply WONDERFUL...soon Ada

    ReplyDelete
  9. just gorgeous, i love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Liz, that’s wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.